Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Still-Life Family Portrait

This weeks assignment, in our Be Still 52 class, was to create a still life family portrait.

This is a portrait of my daughter Lily.  She loves to read.  One wall of her room is lined with bookshelves which are packed with hundreds of hard cover and paperback books.  I have no idea how many books are on her Nook e-reader.

This image is what I imagine paradise might be for her - a quiet afternoon, a stack of books, a mug of hot tea, and a few squares of chocolate.

Still-LIfe Family Portrait - Lily
Still-Life Family Portrait - Lily


 “Be



Have a fabulous day!
Be Wonderfully Odd!

6 comments:

  1. I love this! It could be a portrait of me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such creative composition - love the stacks. The editing with a soft faded look gives a feeling of insight into your daughter - as though we might see her as she sees herself. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully creative! I'd love to have a look through all those books... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as too many books! I absolutely love how you processed this image and the dof makes it look dreamy. I forgot to put books in my still life of my daughter, she loves books too. I think she gets that from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about taking this type of self portrait of myself as well. I love the idea of conveying self through the love of external things and activities. The texture and treatment of this shot is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila, you really "ROCKED" this assignment! I love the theme, and your processing is stunning!!! This would make an outstanding wall print!! Oh my!! So love this!!

    ReplyDelete