Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Phone App Art

Happy Wednesday!

I'm joining App Happy Wednesday today with a mixed-media like image.




This image started out as a picture of my jeans - just an image of the textural weave of the fabric.

I opened it up in the "RD Magic" app and added textures, filters, and color layers - adjusting the transparency of the layers, and erasing sections away so that other layers could be seen.  You can see the blue green color is lighter on the upper left, greener near the bottom and brighter to the right.  In the deeper layers you can see a lacy pattern in the upper left, handwritten letters on the right side and a map along the bottom.  I also add a dark grungy border.

Then I opened the image in the "Rhonna" app (which you can do within the RD Magic app).  I added paint dabs, borders, and stickers in shades of yellow, pink, blue, and grey - adjusting transparency so that I could add many layers.  I used lots of texture - like the blue dots that run through the center of the image, the yellow chevron stamp on either side, and the pink sun like shape in the bottom and top corners.  Lots of butterflies, feathers, and arrows too.  And then to top it off I added the "she made life magical' stamp.

It's like painting without getting messy fingers :)
Keeping With The Times
Check out App Happy Wednesday for more images and great tips on using your phone apps.




Have a great day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila,this is a fantastic and originally Artwork. I like the color, pattern and every single element. So beautiful !Best regards, Synnve

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of mixed media! And Rhonna makes it so much easier. I've held of on the magic app but I may need to get it. This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is unbelievable! how gorgeous - it looks like you painted this for real! Thanks so much for linking up with "app" happy wednesday today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You make it sound so easy when I know it wouldn't be for non techies like me. The process of adding the texture is amazing. I am an old fashioned girl, I enjoy getting my fingers in the paint.

    ReplyDelete