Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Balance

The warm and bright sunny days of summer are fading and the brilliant colors and shortened days of autumn are beginning.

It is the autumn equinox for those of us in the northern hemisphere. Today the night and day are of equal length - something that happens only twice a year.

I'm told that it's a good day to think about balance in your life - are you happy? healthy? are there things that you need more of? less of?

For me, especially this time of year, I wish that I'd spend more time outdoors.  Summer comes and goes so quickly that I never feel like I've taken advantage of the beautiful warm weather.  I need to make a point of enjoying the cool crisp days of fall - a hike on forest trail, a visit to a pumpkin patch, and a day of picking apples at an orchard.

I hope that today finds you "in balance" :)

Goodbye Summer
Goodbye Summer

I'm joining Texture Tuesday with a sunflower image - today I used lots Kim's beautiful textures "Quiet", "Golden Hour", and "Magic 0916".  Sometimes I like a heavily textured image :)
Check out the Texture Tuesday button to see lots of wonderful images.
Kim Klassen {dot com}


And just a few more sunflower images!

Sunflower images
Sunflower images


Have a beautiful day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





12 comments:

  1. Sheila, I love your sunflower images - the different views, the textures, and the creative collage. That little edge of a sunflower peeking into the frame is my favorite composition. And the dark background accentuates the flower petals. The encouragement to think about balance comes at a perfect time for me - a great time for a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful textured image! My favorite is the back of the sunflower, I love the detail and the little hairs on the stem. It always seems the warm weather slips by so quickly... yes, I need to spend more time outdoors before the winter hits too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your use of multiple textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so nice and the sunflowers, just WOW love each one of them so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bottom shot it is just perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful texture work and love your different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely edits of the sunflowers, I love the last photo particularly ! I agree with you about summer slipping by so quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i am totally loving the link between the equal hours of dark and light and finding balance. yes. balance is something i continually work on. thanks for bringing a new way of seeing things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your sunflower images this week. I can't seem to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love sunflowers!! All of these images are beautiful, but my favourite is the first one. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful. The top photo is really fantastic when you zoom in to see the detail. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunflower images are stunning, particularly the layout.

    ReplyDelete