Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Focus

Last week we, for the first time, visited Junk Bonanza.  It was amazing!  Hundreds of vendors selling beautiful antiques.  Oh, a photographers dream!

So many wonderful props to be found - tarnished silver, peeling painted signs, rusty gears - antique cameras, vintage typewriters, aged cupboards - medicine bottles, worn linens, wooden spools - so much!

I have to admit that I had a hard time focusing.  As I combed through bins of small items I'd forget to look around at the larger pieces.   If I focused on a gorgeous antique wooden table I would completely overlook trays with handles worn smooth from use.  Remembering to look up I would spot intricately wired birdcages; looking down I'd find drawers filled with wooden printer's letters.

Oh, my!

This wonderful old Kodak camera and the old medicine bottle were finds from this trip.

Focus x2
Focus x2

I used one layer of Kim Klassen's "Achieve" and two layers of her "Waterfront18"


Enjoy your day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!



13 comments:

  1. Oh that is a wonderful old camera!! Lovely image. The Junk Bonanza sounds like a lot of fun, a photographers dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that sounds like my idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your finds and how your photographed/processed them. But, oh, my! This Junk Bonanza sounds like a dangerous place for photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo speaks volumes to me. I love the way you created the text with a hint of the word focus in the background. Sometimes my camera struggles to find focus, especially in low contrast situations, and sometimes I struggle for focus as I wear glasses and cannot always line up the best visual area of my glasses in the viewfinder. Focus can really make an image - and I'm happy to have learned from Kim all about focus points and back button focus, too. So glad you brought these treasures home with you - and made this image that tells a story every girl who sees life in pictures can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Oh.my! I'm SO in love with how you added the 'focus'! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel your pain when going into these kind of places, I was in one when I was in VA a few weeks ago. I did go with a list of what I wanted and I really stuck to it for the most part. It also helped in the fact I knew what I got had to be on the smaller side because I had to get it back to AZ on the plane. That helped me a lot I would be in a lot of trouble if I hadn't. Love the camera and the bottle, such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous old camera, and a lovely edit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your finds , real treasures ! I would have been the same with so much to look at, but it sounds a fabulous place to visit ! Your image is lovely, soft and dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love antique shows like this. and i love your goodies! they make a perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely still life. The vintage camera is the star in this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful day you had. The old camera is fabulous. I always love photos of cameras since they are being taken by a camera. Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the sound of the Junk Bonanza! I love your finds, too. The camera is just wonderful. Beautiful still life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it sounds like a dream!!! Your image is stunning - I love the great dof, the bottle and word in the background ... just lovely.

    ReplyDelete