Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hello Autumn

It's starting to feel like fall around here - the air is crisp and cool, the garden is just about spent, and the delicate pink flowers of summer have been replaced with bright and hardy mums.

I have to say that I sleep much better when the air is chilled and I can wrap-up in a soft warm quilt.
I've been snapping photos of the last of our summer fruits and vegetables from the garden.

I love all of the texture in this squash - the rough skin and the dried, curly stem.


Hello Autumn
Hello Autumn

I used two of Kim's textures on this image - "Awaken Magic" and "Chill Magic".
Kim Klassen {dot com}
Check out the Texture Tuesday button to see lots of wonderful images.




Dramatic Melon
Dramatic Melon

Here are a few more of my dramatic fruit images (the texture is one of mine).
I liked them so much I popped them into inexpensive frames and hung them in my dining room :)

Dramatic Grapes
Dramatic Grapes


Dramatic Kale
Dramatic Kale



I hope that you have a great day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





10 comments:

  1. Your wonderfully odd dried stem is just beautiful. It looks like a beautiful gold abstract piece of jewelry. A wonderfully odd piece of gold jewelry. To date myself a littleit looks like something from the jewelry art class at UCLA from about 1950.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolute magic here.... really truly.. beautiful.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curly stem on the squash is so sweet - tiny, and all kinked up. LOVE your dramatic fruits in print for your dining room! They are all just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Beverly said ! I love that you hung those images , they are stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are just stunning. So glad you framed and hung them - they deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele at Sweet LeafSeptember 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM

    You have captured autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You truly captured Autumn! I love the curly stem on the top image. The light is wonderful, it accents the details perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful images. The curly stem on the top image almost looks like a piece of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness! These are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete