Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Roadside Beauty

A few days ago I was driving through my neighborhood on a road with a wooded park on one side and homes on the other.  Wildlife can often be spotted in this area so I usually drive carefully on this road - not only do I want to avoid hitting an animal, but drivers often stop quickly on this stretch of road.

I noticed a car pulled to the side of the road and the driver with his phone out was snapping photos of a flock of wild turkeys as they crossed the road.  I didn't have enough time to stop and take my own pictures - minutes, just minutes too late!

As I drove past this scene, I came upon a family of deer feeding along the edge of the road. I braked quickly, pulled to the side of the road, and grabbed my phone.  The deer where moving at a casual pace, but I managed to snap a few pictures of this mother and baby deer.

Mom and sweet baby
Mom and sweet baby

I used the basic camera app on my phone to take the picture and then the Snapseed App to adjust contract and adjust brightness - I also added tilt-shift because I like that "is that real" effect that it can give to an image.


Mom and sweet baby watercolor
Mom and sweet baby watercolor

Here is the same image processed twice in the Waterlogue app and blended in PS Touch app.


Check out the "app" happy wednesday button for more images and great tips on using your phone apps!




Have an awesome day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





2 comments:

  1. Oh my! What an amazing capture, and I love the tilt-shift effect! it truly adds mystery and depth to an image. So good! Thank you so much for linking up today, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so very sweet, Sheila !Wonderful editing !Have a nice weekend,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete