Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Look Closely

I love flower images.  I don't believe that there is a flower that I don't appreciate in some way - in color or shape or size.

Roses are in full bloom now and I never get tired of seeing them.  I see roses in a every beautiful color of the rainbow.  Their layers of petals are soft to the touch and their soft fragrant perfume floats in the air.  Is there any wonder why we associate roses with love and romance?

I'm joining Texture Tuesday with a few close-up images.

Pale yellow rose
Pale yellow rose

A soft butter yellow rose.  I used 2 layers of Kim's "Pin it only #10" texture on this image.


Pale old fashion rose
Pale old fashion rose

Old fashion roses have delicate centers and five simple petals - and are just as beautiful as this multi-petaled pink beauty.

Pink edged white rose
Pink edged white rose



Have a gorgeous day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





11 comments:

  1. mmmm. I love roses and really all flowers, too. We've had some nice rain lately and our roses have begun blooming again. Your photos are just lovely, that last one is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh these are just so stunning Sheila!! The middle one is beyond beautiful!! I love macro flower work, and light colors, focusing right inside the heart of the beauty. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well put me in the flower-junkie crowd too. :) love the details you're captured here. beautifully shot and processed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love roses too and these are just gorgeous, Sheila !Amazing details on the second one ... love it !Have a nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your photos Sheila ! So, so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! My favourite is the first one - so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of roses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to pick a favorite, but have decided that I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these close up images are all so very lovely, sheila!! first visit here from texture tuesday. have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete