Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Balloon Flower

I'm quickly popping in today to join texture tuesday.

Yesterday we strolled through the state university's arboretum.  There is so much beauty in this place - gorgeous blooming flowers, stunning architecture, and quiet, peaceful walkways.

We walked for four hours and were not able to see all of the gardens.  I think that I'll need to visit again very soon :)  I took hundreds of photos and I'll share more soon.

This image is of a beautiful purple/blue balloon flower - I don't think that I've ever seen this flower before.


Balloon Flower
Balloon Flower


I added two layers of Kim Klassen's "Achieve" texture on this image.




I hope that you have a beautiful day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





12 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila, I love balloon flowers. I tried growing them, they only lasted one season. Your arboretum sounds like a beautiful, quiet place to enjoy a lot of time. Wow, 4 hours, and you need more time. Thank you for sharing your photos, and a bit about your visit. I'll look forward to more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the very soft focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty flower! I love the softness of your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers in such a pretty color, Sheila !Looks like you had a wonderful time !Nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous ! I love blue flowers and these are perfect. I like the treatment and softness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you do go back because these are wonderful, love the blue color so summery and unusual. Just wonderful as a lover of anything flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photo! I love the color of the pretty balloon flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sounds like a wonderful place! Beautiful photograph. I love the softness in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are a wonderfully odd flower -- and the color is so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a balloon flower before. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful flower. I haven't seen them before, either. Noicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice processing! I planted a balloon flower this year but it doesn't look near as good as this. I went to the Dallas Arboretum last week and will photo bomb my blog soon I hope. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete