Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pumpkins & Gourds

It seems everywhere I go I see pumpkins and gourds for sale.  

So many choices!

I'm loving white pumpkins lately and the striped gourds have always been a favorite of mine - the more bumps the better.

Pumpkins&Gourds1
Pumpkins&Gourds1


I'm joining Texture Tuesday today with this image - I used one layer of the "Kristin" texture rotated to darken the lower half of the image and one layer of "LightPaper3" for the wonderful script texture along the edges.
Kim Klassen dot com




There is something about the stems that I find so beautiful - the texture, the graceful curve . . .

Pumpkins&Gourds2
Pumpkins&Gourds2

And - just one more photo!

Pumpkins&Gourds3
Pumpkins&Gourds3



Have a beautiful day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





14 comments:

  1. Love each one of these, so classic and I love warts also as I like to call those bumps. Love that last one so much of the gourd in the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful earthy tones and textures in these beautifully composed images. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful still life shots. The organic look of the bowls fits beautifully with the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the textures and the grittiness of your images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found a wonderful variety of gourds and pumpkins. I always have a tough time choosing which I want. Beautiful shots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pumpkins, Sheila !Gorgeous photos and texture work ... those bowls are pretty too !Have a nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! I also love the stems, they are so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pumpkin shots! I know what you mean about the stems. I think they are intriguing. I could wander in a pumpkin patch for hours. Love that striped gourd, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are all so yummy! Somehow pumpkins and gourds are so photogen, they draw us in. I love the stems of the pumkins, too, and love to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with this series of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love pumpkin stems too! Usually take shot of them every Autumn. :-) We bought a white pumpkin this year and I think I'll paint a face on it instead of carving. Love gourds as well. Your photos have inspired me to go play a bit with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful. Especially love the colors in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty. I love the shapes and colors of gourds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila,The pure colors of your pumpkins are so cheerful .. and the softness of your photos - the focus on the details - so beautiful!I fancy pumpkins as well :)

    ReplyDelete