Friday, October 24, 2014

Knitting - A Boot Cuff

Friday Finds . . . me knitting a quick little gift.

There is something about the cooler weather that makes me feel like picking up my knitting needles and a ball of yarn.

Knitted Boot Cuff1
Knitted Boot Cuff1

I've been seeing lots of boot cuffs lately - boot lovers like to show a bit of "sock" peek-up over the top edge of their boots.

There are free patterns for boot cuffs all over the internet - I needed something easy so I combined an easy one-edged ribbed pattern with a lacy (and difficult) pattern that was reversible (with two edges and two different colored yarns).

Knitted Boot Cuff2
Knitted Boot Cuff2

I'm joining Friday Finds today with pictures of this little project.  Check out the button below to see other wonderful Friday Find images.




Knitted Boot Cuff3
Knitted Boot Cuff3


The pattern is pretty easy - I cast on 52 stitches on double pointed needles (I used size 6 needles, but an 8 would work too).  52 stitches seem to work well for an average sized cuff (increase or decrease in multiples of four to make the cuffs larger or smaller.)
Knit 2, purl 2 for 10 rows.
Knit for 12 rows.
Change yarn and knit for 12 rows.
 Knit 2, purl 2 for 10 rows.
Bind off.



Knitted Boot Cuff4
Knitted Boot Cuff4

Such a fun little gift for a boot loving friend or daughter.  Or maybe for a craft fair or church bazar.  And, it's a great way to use up all of those small balls of yarn left-over from other projects.




Have a wonderful day and a great weekend!
Be Wonderfully Odd!





7 comments:

  1. Now this kind of project I might be able to finish and it might even fit. LOL Love your images so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooler season let me take out my knitting needles as well. I'm currently knitting little hats and scarves for snowmen that I'm making from the leftover wood of the fence we built in the spring. It's a sweet holiday decoration, and so easy. I like your boot cuffs - thanks for the pattern, I will try that. Sounds very easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project. I love your close up images. I was never much of a knitter. I started knitting a scarf about 10 years ago, it is sitting unfinished in a box somewhere, I am not sure where. Your knitting makes me think I should try again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to sit right by you and watch you knit..then I will learn even more then I do now which is not much when it comes to knitting - great job..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images of your knitting, what a great talent to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to learn to knit - and your post has sealed the deal. I'm going in search of a class for this fall. Love your photos of works in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo, I love the last two photos! Your shots really captured the softness of the knitted cuff. I have no idea how to knit, so I'm in awe of those who can actually make things with those long needles!

    ReplyDelete