Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cornbread and Honey

This weeks challenge in our BeStill52 class was to style a photo using four items - a loaf of bread, linen, twine, and a pair of scissors.

I do love the warm and yeasty smell of bread baking.  Although, since I've gone gluten-free any bread baking that I do is typically a simple corn bread.

A few ingredients, mix, pour, and bake - no kneading or waiting to double in size like other breads - perfect for busy weekday nights.

Cornbread & Honey
Cornbread & Honey

An herby cheddar cornbread with a bit of butter and a drizzle of honey - could be a meal in itself!

Cornbread & Honey2
Cornbread & Honey2




Corn bread pairs so well with chili, soups, and stews - many of our dinners in the fall and winter.

Cornbread & Honey3
Cornbread & Honey3


Enjoy your day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





10 comments:

  1. Beautifully composed! One of my favorite breads, but strangely enough I've never put honey on it; always butter! I'll be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila this is just plain awesome and I don't mean plain in it's dictionary self but in gorgeous. I love everyone of these so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see this small glimpse into your life! Never had corn bread but would love to try it! Beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these images are stunning! I especially love the close-ups. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your images Sheila !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. The perspective is very nice. Good work here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love these photos! Food photography is a love of mine, though I'm not that great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning series of photos!

    ReplyDelete