Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blue Jay

Last weekend we added a new feeder to our backyard and it's attracting Blue Jays!

I love seeing their beautiful blue wings spread in flight - such gorgeous colors.  Both the male and female have the same color and markings - it is impossible to tell them apart.

I'm also noticing that they will "yell" at me if I am on the patio (and too close to the feeder) when they want to feed!  Such boldness!

Oh well, they are still welcomed here :)

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

I used two layers of Kim Klassen's Quiet texture on both of these images.

Kim Klassen dot com

Check out the Texture Tuesday button to see more images from other photographers.


I hope that your day is awesome!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





12 comments:

  1. Love Love birds -- and the blues are eye catching -- beautifully captured..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Our jays are scrub jays- not nearly as pretty, I think- but definitely have that blue jay personality! Lovely photos- love the last especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely captures! I haven't seen a blue jay in quite awhile, now that I think of it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved their pretty colors. How fun to set out feed for them to enjoy. Love your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new feeder seems to be doing such a great job...Love how you captured those birds...Thank you for your visit and lovely comment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such a gorgeous bird! I wish we had blue jays here too. :)Beautiful captures and texture work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Blue Jays are known to be very bold but they are so beautiful, how can we help but love them? Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful captures. I especially like the one sitting in the vine on the rail. The bird is just sitting there looking at you and daring you to bother it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beauties but they are quite vocal and have been know to be aggressive but still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What clear, lovely images! I love that second one, with the bird looking right at you. We don't have blue jays where I live, but I think they are such handsome birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love blue jays, and these are wonderful photographs. My favourite is the second - love that expression!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color on that Jay simply pops off the background! They are lovely birds, but tend to be a bit mean and don't play well with others. :-) You've captured them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete