Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Squirrels and Headaches

Squirrels and Headaches and Joining Texture Tuesday Too!

While snapping photos of birds yesterday, I watched a pair of squirrels romp around the yard - "playing" in the snow and racing up and down the trees.  They finally settled on to branches next to the feeder.

I love how they stop and freeze - trying to look like park of the tree - when they hear a suspisious sound.

Like this one peeking out from behind the branch.



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="800.0"] Textured with three layers of Kim Klassen's "Storm" texture [/caption]







During this little photo session I started to develop a headache - I knew that I needed to take some aspirin to stop it from spreading - but I didn't want to stop snapping pictures.  

I lifted my camera to take pictures of the second squirrel who was sitting on a higher branch . . .






when he did a peculiar thing - he straightened up and then set his forehead down on the tree branch . . .






and sat like this for several minutes.  

I wonder, do squirrels get headaches too?






I hope that you are having a great day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!






 

10 comments:

  1. Squirrels are such fun creatures to observe - scampering, suddenly stopping, staring. The one tucking his head is really cute - so glad you were there to take a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made me giggle Sheila such a wonderful series of images, the last one is just so fun. Love your brushes also that you used here. Super awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, Sheila, those squirrels are so cute :-)Great captures and texture work !Nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are so fun! I was being scolded by one just the other day as I stopped to take its photo! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so much fun to watch they pretend to be so nonchalant but all the tim ether know you are there..

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful shots, and I love the texturing, especially in the first photo. These made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, and the last one is so funny... :-) I may try that the next time I have a headache, you never know - it just might work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully odd, indeed! Such delightful "poses". Love the texture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely. Love that squirrel with his on the branch! Beautiful tones and texture work. :)

    ReplyDelete