Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Four

We've had such a long snap of cold weather here lately - it's quite the topic of conversation with school closings and traffic warnings.  On cold and grey winter days like today I like to close my eyes and think of spring, and remember the feeling of warm sun on my face.  

I have to remind myself to enjoy each of our seasons and I am lucky to have four distinct seasons here in the north.  Winter can be beautiful - snow that glitters in the sun, winter sun that casts gorgeous purple shadows, and snow-covered evergreens that add color to our landscape. 

Luckily, the abnormally cold weather hasn't stopped the birds from flocking to our feeders.  I am joining Texture Tuesday with another bird image (my favorite subject!!).  I used two layers of Kim Klassen's Uncle Clarence texture.



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600.0"]Four Four[/caption]


I hope that you are having a fabulous week!

Be Wonderfully Odd!






 

12 comments:

  1. Oh lovely shot and the texturing is perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful capture Sheila!! I love how the textures worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me of some reasons to love winter. Your image is wonderful. I love the texture and being able to see snow on the bushes in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your birds and what a wonderful action capture! The texture worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and the textures are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo, love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That finch in flights is a great capture! Our birds can drain a feeder in just a few hours. I always wonder how they brave such cold temps and survive! Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a spirit of simplicityJanuary 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM

    oh this is just beautiful. I love the texture and how lucky to have such birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely capture of those cute birds, Sheila !Wonderful texture work !Nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birds are so lucky your are feeding them. Just a few days ago I mentioned that we should get some bird feed but a snowstorm the next day stopped my good intentions. And we've lost both our bird baths to this winter weather and I know the little creatures need some water, too. I love your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great shot and lovely processing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so peaceful, with the texture softening it. I love the blurred background in lovely colors. Fine job!

    ReplyDelete