Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Quiet Beauty

Quiet Beauty {and a few arrows and doodles too!}

I try to steal a few minutes each day to notice the beauty in my everyday - the quiet beauty that is always around us.

This afternoon, as I started to pull together ingredients for soup, I was delighted by the colors and textures that I found on my cutting board.  



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="800.0"]Three point composition - an assignment in Kim Klassen's Beyond Beyond course Three point composition - an assignment in Kim Klassen's Beyond Beyond course[/caption]


Look at the bright green color and lacy texture of these fresh herbs.






The variety of shapes, colors and smooth textures in this pile of dried beans.






Compared to the rough, dry skin of an onion.






and the imperfect skin of the brown potato and bright orange carrot.






Beauty in the everyday.






 




 

In this weeks Beyond Beyond class, Kim give us tips and tricks for making photoshop brushes (like the one above).

Here is a group of arrows and boarder brushes that I make today - while my soup simmered on the stove  :)






I hope that you take a moment today to enjoy the beauty in your life.

Be Wonderfully Odd!






 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos the colours are perfect, your doodles look great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so creative with your soup ingredients! Beautiful and appetizing photos. Great doodlesI don't have a tablet to try out the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome are your doodles and your images love the edits the colors are muted and have such a style about them. Love this great pleasing style that really fits the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images ... gorgeous rich colors and such wonderful textures! I love your brushes as well, so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos and your brushes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have missed posting after I looked at thisLOVE your vegetable photos! Some great ones to print and frame for the kitchen. How was the soup? We make vegetable soup quite often in the wintertime.

    ReplyDelete