Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brrrr . . . . . January in Minnesota

Brrrr . . . . it's been cold around here lately.  

Yesterday the local newscasters were comparing our temperatures to that of the surface of Mars {weird isn't it?}.  Yesterday it was -22 degrees and today its warmed up to -10 degrees.  A good reason to stay indoors and work.

I've been busy making beaded necklaces and hand-dying fiber - I should have some new items in my shop later this week.

I've also been busy taking pictures of birds {of course! - I love watching those little guys!}.  It can be so hard to get a decent picture of them. They seem to be in constantly moving.  The minute that I think that I have one in view - he flies off, leaving me with a photo of a tree branch. I snapped well over 200 photos yesterday and have only a few that I like.

I'm joining Texture Tuesday with this photo of a little Chickadee - it has two layers of Kim Klassen's Providence texture.

 Winter Chickadee  Winter Chickadee


 and a couple more bird pics . . . :)

Sun Kissed Chickadee  Sun Kissed Chickadee



Fluffy Chickadee  Fluffy Chickadee 


I hope that you are having a great day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





11 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I love the composition of that last shot. Well worth the wait! I suppose I'd be constantly moving if I was that little and that cold too!Visiting from Texture Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time capturing burds too. It takes me a while to get the shot set up. By the time I'm ready, the bird is history...sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that creatures as small as chickadees can survive such brutally cold temperatures. And isn't it nice that they bring a spot of color into your wintry landscape?

    ReplyDelete
  5. a spirit of simplicityJanuary 7, 2014 at 3:03 PM

    pretty little bird pictures...it has been so very cold everywhere...they need all the help they can get

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shots and beautiful edits! I adore chickadees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chickadees are adorable! I can see why you love watching them. The first shot is my favorite. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really love to have some nearby, they are so cute! I love your images of them - all fluffed out. Sooo cold here too - soon changing though. Have a lovely week Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great images....your last one was divine...looks cold your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful edit, love these little birds great captures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chickadees are just the sweetest birds and you captured their personality perfectly! Thanks so much for the visit -- much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete