Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Favorite

Today I am joining Texture Tuesday with a photo of my favorite squirrel.

I spotted this cutie last spring, when we often have baby squirrels emerging from nests.  He was a tiny little squirrel and I noticed that his tail had a kink in it; an unusual bend to it.

I imagined that he experienced a close call - life or death match with a hawk or dog, or found himself in some other tight spot.  At some point his broken tail fell off and he was left with a tiny rabbit-like tail.

For some reason I get a kick out of spotting him around the neighborhood or see him in my back yard munching the corn that we leave out for them.

It's like a friend who has come for a visit :)

Mr. Squirrel Mr. Squirrel


I used two layers of Kim Klassen's Poetic texture on this image.




I hope that you are having a great day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





10 comments:

  1. An adorable photograph and I love your story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he is a chubby one too! Good to see he is still around and hasn't lost his balance with the shorter tail. He just can't "flit" as big as the others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! It looks like he is doing just fine with his shorter tail. I bet it is fun spotting him around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a healthy looking guy, must be eating well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a cutie !Lovely capture and texture work !Nice evening,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fat little thing, looks like he has a stash hidden somewhere and is eating pretty good. Love the color against the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just the cutest thing. i know alot of peopledon't like them, but i think they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun! I hope you're spotting him for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a cutie! Love the effect of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie he is! We used to have a white tailed squirrel. He was my favorite until the neighbor's cat got him :(

    ReplyDelete