Monday, August 19, 2013

A Week of Color - Monday

I’m going to spend this week finding color inspiration in my every day.  I love looking back at my
color boards when starting a new project – the mix and contrast of colors within a photo can be surprisingly pleasant and sometimes unexpectedly beautiful.

Today I see a beautiful range of colors in this grouping of freshly pick summer squash. 




The squash in this photo offers a wide range of yellows, from a pale yellow, almost white, in the highlights to an orange-yellow color in the shadows.  I can see a deep, dark green at the top of the squash where the stem meets the fruit.  The stem is bright green dotted with spots of light green and yellow.  The off-white towel, the squash ends (and scars), and the scratched, well-used cutting board add neutral browns and light tones.  Unexpectedly the pink-red stripe of the towel adds a perfect bit of contrast.

Hoping your Monday is a good one!

Be wonderfully odd!


No comments:

Post a Comment