Friday, August 23, 2013

A Week of Color - Friday

A sunny Color Board and a Friday Find

A set of summer color boards would not be complete without a picture of a glorious sunflower.  This
one has quite a range of beautiful yellows, oranges, and reds – cooled down a bit with the greens in the leaves and the brown centers.


Friday Color Board 
Friday Color Board


Timeworn beauties

I’m joining up with Kim Klassen’s Friday Finds today with a photo of some very old wooden clogs.

Friday FInds - Dutch Clogs 
Friday FInds - Dutch Clogs






My aunt Wilma recently gave me two sets of clogs that my Grandmother’s Grandmother once wore – she believes that these clogs are from the 1800’s!  The soles are well worn, the leather is stiff with age and the insoles are smooth with use.  When I hold these shoes I wonder if the woman who once owned them wore these clogs to feed the chickens on the farm, to a Saturday night barn dance, maybe to church on Sunday morning.  She lived life much, much different from my own. I’m certain that the  she would never believe that a future relative would come to treasure such an ordinary part of her life. It makes me wonder - what everyday item that I touch, and take for granted each day, will be treasured by a future family member.

Have a great Friday and an awesome weekend!

Be wonderfully odd! 


3 comments:

  1. I have a small collection of wooden shoes but no clogs like this. I love them. Your photo and processing are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...What a TREASURE! Photographed beautifully, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, I knew you would do something neat with those shoes. Love it. Wilma

    ReplyDelete