Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Explore

I've been exploring new photo apps and playing with some old favorites.

I love how layering app effects can take a not-so-great image and give it new life.  The original image was taken at high noon in bright sun - so the background was too bright but the dappled sunlight through the trees was pretty and the colors of the leaves were very lush and vibrant.

There are lots of different layers, blurring, and blending in the final version.  I think it helps to make this image look old and a little mysterious (who is that ghostly image? where does that bridge lead?)

Bridge in Summer
Bridge in Summer




I'm Joining App Happy Wednesday today with this image.
Here is a list of the apps I used - sometimes creating 2 or 3 images and blending them - and then layering again - and blending - etc.
Snapseed, Noir, Pic Grunger, Mextures, Diana, RD Magic, Brushstoke




I hope your day is a great one!
Be Wonderfully Odd!





2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, and mysterious Sheila! Thank you so much for linking up today at "app" happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila,Ues, your image is mysterious in a wonderful way! I love the textures and the blur! Thank you for sharing the apps you have used - the Pic Grunger, RD Magic and Noir are all new to me ... I look forward of exploring them :)

    ReplyDelete