Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Hawk

This morning I was surprised to see this large bird sitting in a tree near our bird feeders.  I think that it is a hawk - but I'm not sure.  Do you know?

He (or she) didn't mind my presence or that I walked around the tree snapping photos of him.  I was hoping to catch him spreading his wings and then fly away - but he was contented to sit in our tree.

I love the orangey red color on the neck and breast, and also the black and white strips in his tail.  And look at that powerful beak and size of the claws!

Just so beautiful.







Have a great Friday!

Be wonderfully odd!


5 comments:

  1. Well, he is beautiful and I love all the branches around him - great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing that he didn't fly off while you were so near, and snapping photos! The ones I see barely let me get a quick shot and off they go! Yes, it is a hawk, maybe a red-tailed hawk, but I'm no expert on them. Those claws are something else!! Such majestic birds! Great work on his portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a hawk could be broad-winged Hawk or a Cooper's hawk. It's a beautiful bird and you got some great pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful friday find to share. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a magnificent find....stunning images.

    ReplyDelete