Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day Dreaming

Day Dreaming Day Dreaming


The photo challenge in this weeks BeStill52 photo class was to shoot a vignette that included bunting (or ribbon, or something draped).  I'm also joining Texture Tuesday today!

I made the tiny bunting in these images by cutting diamond shapes from pages pulled from an old paperback, pressing the edges into a brown ink pad, stamping the letters in black ink, and folding the paper pieces over a brown string to create the triangle flags. I hung the bunting with strips of polka dot patterned Washi tape.

This photo challenge gave me a chance to play with my "new" old stack of worn and weathered books.  I love the frayed edges, the spines, and the brown-aged pages of old books!

I used three of Kim Klassen's textures on the image above - Sonnet, Goldenhour, and PumpkinGrunge.  I also used one of Kim's wreath stamps (from her mini holiday brush set) to add texture, and repeat the swag shape, in the background behind the bunting.  I used Kim's Cinnamon texture in the image below.


Dream
Dream


Here's to a dreamy day!
Be Wonderfully Odd!




16 comments:

  1. these are just so fun!! love each and every one.... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bunting is so creative! Your 'new' old collection of books are so photogenic. My favorite is the top image I love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love what you've created with the bunting and old books! The collage...fab...and I love the middle one with coffee cup and stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bunting, so creative Sheila ! Love your images too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. My favorite is the first one - your processing really suits the old books; it makes them look ancient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sheila a great idea and so effective ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifully composed Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are stunning! my fav is the second one - that is a beauty of a bunting and your images are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your bunting - so creative! beautiful vignettes Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old books but am sad my eyes just do not like books anymore so Kindle it is for reading. Beautiful texture and gives me the urge to go make tea and soak in the sun by a window and read. You also reminded me to pull a few of my roses out of the jar and let dry for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely bunting you've created, Sheila !Love both images ... and the old books are gorgeous !Have a nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely wonderful. Your bunting is fantastic. I love the way you have tied each piece together with the tassel in-between.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bunting Sheila! Delightful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous pictures Sheila! My favorite is the first of the series for its moody and romantic style... I imagine the fun you had making your lovely bunting (thanks for the detailed tutorial!)... its decorative effect is undeniable and I guess you'll like to use it in other compositions...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bunting! And your photographs, too!

    ReplyDelete