Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Batik Fabric Look

I'm playing along with App Happy Wednesday today - I created a batik fabric look from a photo taken on my phone.

Batik Fabric Tulip
Batik-Like Fabric Tulip


I used the Basic Camera App to take a photo of a bright orange and yellow tulip against a dark wood table.

Then I used the Tangent App to add a graphic element of white dots around the tulip.
Into the Waterlogue App - twice.  Once in the "Natural" style for a soft watercolor look and again in "It's Technical" style for contrast and deep color lines.  

I put both versions that were created in the Waterlogue app into the Diana App and combined them in the "Dreamland" filter - this adds a few bleached-like spots around the tulip.  I adjusted it a bit so that more of the "It's Technical" shown through.

I put the combined version into the PicGrunger App.  I applied the "Scuffed" effect and the "Canvas" texture to create the faded fabric look.

That's it!! It is so much fun to create art, wherever I am, with just my phone.

Keeping With The Times




Have a great day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





6 comments:

  1. Oh wow - that is simply gorgeous! I have to find that Tangent app... thank you so much for playing along today Sheila!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been considering Tangent and Matter (by the same developer). love the batik look here, I would have sworn that it was a close up of fabric. Have you ever heard of Spoonflower? You can take your images and turn them into fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly lovely it so looks like a piece of cloth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this very much. I layer apps also but never manage to remember which ones I used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, I'm tired just reading this :-)What a lot of treatments. I'd love to see some of the inbetween stages, and of course, the original would be fascinating.I could have sworn it was a lily you started off with. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Oh my gosh, it was a lily not a tulip! Good idea, next week I'll post a before and after picture. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete