Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pears

Hello!  I've been shooting still-life images of pears lately.

I love the shape and color of Bosc pears.  They have that graceful curve shape and long neck.  A beautifully textured rough dark stem.  And the color of the skin varies from a soft light yellow to a dark cinnamon brown color.

And, of course, the pears are delicious (sliced and baked with a bit of butter and brown sugar - yum!).

Pear 1
Pear 1

Today I am joining Texture Tuesday and Bestill52.  The image above is textured with two of Kim Klassen's textures - Mayzee and Golden Hour.



Pear 2
Pear 2

One of this weeks challenge in Bestill52 was to shoot a still-life of pear(s) and a bowl.

I love how the three pears happened to fit perfectly in this bowl.  This bowl is one of my favorites - because of the nubby dots on the outside.  I also like that the light from behind highlights the watery droplets on the skin of the pear.

And I love those beautiful curvy stems!




The second part of this week's challenge was to take one of Kim's images and edit it in anyway that you would like.  I always freeze on challenges like this - because, well, it's one of Kim's images!
The first photo is Kim's gorgeous pear image straight from her camera.

Kim Klassen's challenge image
Kim Klassen's challenge image

And here the image with my edits - increased contrast, increased brightness from the left, desaturated the reds, blurred things a bit, and added a layer of blue to cool the image.

Kim Klassen's image - edited as part of Bestill52 class.
Kim Klassen's image - edited as part of Bestill52 class


I hope that you have an awesome day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!






Okay - just one more pear image!

Pear 3
Pear 3








15 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! I wish I wasn't so busy, I would love to be caught up on Be Still, but that's probably not going to happen until January!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pears are wonderful!! I love everything about the top photo, the composition, color and how you put it all together. I love how the 3 pears fit perfectly in the bowl and the water drops, beautiful. Then I always love close ups. All So Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the pears and your bowl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely I especially love pear#2 but really all are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of pear images! I love the composition on the first, the light on the second, and the detail on your last! And great job with Kim's photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made them sophisticated and seductive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shots are so beautiful I want to run out and buy some pearsYou really caught some incredible details such as the water drops, the way the light shines in the different shots even the bumpy bowl adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. But, your Pear 3 . . . WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous images ! I love the first one, the texture on the tea towel is lovely and I love the bowl in the second shot so much ! The pears were perfect for it. Lastly, thank you for the idea to bake pears, I've never tried it and it sounds delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the work you did on all the images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful series! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pear images are lovely! I like what you did with Kim's picture - I know, it's quite intimidating to work with her images, right? I think my favorite is your first picture, the monochromatic look is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How different and unique each photo is. I find myself leaning to the less saturated images that seem so popular right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh I love something different about each one of these. especially #2 with the gold glow.

    ReplyDelete