Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect



I see such beauty in things that are imperfect - a faded flower, patina on metal, weathered wood - things that are all around us, everyday.
The Japanese word for this is Wabi-Sabi - the beauty of things that are imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.
I'm joining up with Texture Tuesday with a "perfectly imperfect" image.





I used two layers of Kim Klassen's "Golden" texture on the image above.








I hope that you are having a fantastic day!
Be Wonderfully Odd!





14 comments:

  1. these are really quite lovely, they remind me especially the first one of wallpaper. That first one is a stunner in composition and edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images of this perfectly imperfect flower. Beautiful use of that texture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to choose one? That's impossible, I love them all... so perfectly imperfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who said said dead flowers were to be thrown away as soon as the petals started to fall ? They missed a treat so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how beautiful and delicate it is when you see it so close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and subtle , Sheila !Wonderful captures ... beautiful texture work !Nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors of dried petals and the texture are the beauties that attract me to the spent flowers. And tulips droop is the prettiest forms. Love all of yours Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tulips, especially when they are faded. Very lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, Your fade flower with the golden texture is one of those photos that keeps me coming back. This is a picture I would not have thought to take - and yet I see it's beauty so perfectly through your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Tulips just keep their beauty, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful images. I really like the softness and the muted colors...also the lines of the petals

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely details and close ups. (Cowgirl Yankee)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely details and close ups.

    ReplyDelete