Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tough Love

"Love" is the theme for Texture Tuesday today.

I spent some time working on a pretty image that was pink, and sweet, and full of light.  It just didn't work for me - I don't know why - maybe my mood.  I love pink and glitter - but, I guess, not everyday.  After wasting a lot of time working, and reworking, this saccharine sweet image, I decided to close it down and start over.  

Taking a break from my sparkly pink image, I walked to the kitchen for another cup of coffee and noticed the morning light hitting this bowl - a collection of things that I set inside a neutral colored pottery dish - polished stones, a hand-hammed copper leaf, and a strong iron heart.

Its funny how I (and maybe many of us?) have knick-knacks sitting out on shelves and tables; or photos posted on bulletin boards that, over time, we stop seeing {well, until it needs dusting}. Little treasures that need rediscovery.

No glitter here - woodsy, rusty, and earthy neutrals - love.

Tough Love Tough Love


I used Kim Klassen's "light paper 2" and "Mixed Media" textures on this image.

I hope that you have a fabulous week!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





19 comments:

  1. Love the feel of the metal and rock together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image! I know what you mean about not noticing the things we have lying around - I fall into that trap all the time. (Dusting? You mean you're supposed to dust these things?!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. things worked out perfectly, love the texture from the rocks and the iron heart, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I {heart} your little bowl of what-nots. It's so true, we become so accustomed to our surroundings we stop seeing them, particularly if it's grey and dreary. When the sun pours into my home, I find that I 'see' more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the heart! The morning light is beautiful shining on your bowl. Beautiful! You are so right about not noticing everything around us. I guess I need to slow down and start noticing. I am glad you 'found' your bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, the coloring looks wonderfully chocolaty! :-) Very creative and not at all stereotypical of Valentine's Day themes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very refreshing to see a new look for "love", and this is so wonderful! Iron work is one of my favorite things - I have black iron curtain hooks and iron decorative hooks for towels, etc. It goes so well with your stone collection and pottery! Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this....I much prefer natural objects. A perfect choice.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a glittery kinda gal..so THIS image is right up my alley. Love that heart.It looks like iron..even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful image, Sheila !Lovely rusty tones ... and I so love that heart ...Nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The metal heart has character. I like this -- it's wonderfully different (not odd at all)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, sometimes we overlook the beauty that is right in front of us. This is a lovely image that certainly caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. So pretty and I love the tones. I know what you mean about knick-knacks - I don't even notice them when they need dusting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely agree - you have to be "feeling" it to get the great photo - and you certainly did that here!

    ReplyDelete