Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Simply Light

Today I am joining Texture Tuesday with an image of light shining on - and through - an old glass bottle.  I love how the light glints off the glass and casts watery shadows on the table.

I have a few antique jars and bottles that have been passed down through my family or that I have picked up at flea markets – like this Dr. Kilmer’s Swamp Root bottle – complete with a rusted red metal cap and residue stains along the bottom edges.

 - if you’re wondering - Swamp Root was said to cure kidney disease, bladder problems, liver ailments, and obesity!

Simply Light 
Simply Light


I used Kim Klassen’s “Chaos” texture on the first image and “The Veil” on the B&W version.

Simply Light B&W 
Simply Light B&W


I hope that you are having a fabulous day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





12 comments:

  1. I have quite a few old bottles and they present an interesting photo op -- beautiful light in these images Sheila. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely light capture !The b&w is gorgeous too !Love old bottles and wow ... this one is so pretty !Nice week,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. kara claflin (a spirit of simplicity)February 18, 2014 at 4:56 AM

    lovely. I really love the first one. I never seem to like black and white as much as I just miss the color too much. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love old bottles, it is always nice if you know what they were used for too. Both images are lovely, I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pieces, especially with old residue. Love that beautiful light on the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous light, love old bottles and that you know what was in it is even more fabulous. Nothing like the old ways of medicine sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim Mendenhall StevensFebruary 18, 2014 at 7:00 AM

    I would be hard pressed to decide which one I like the best - both just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just love vintage bottles and these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything glass is my favorite when it comes to tables, vases, etc. and especially like your vintage bottle. I only have one that I have kept that a friend gave me and it's an old really small vanilla bottle. Lovely photo...really like the b&w one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The glass makes such a beautiful subject. I always am fascinated by old bottles. This is a great entry for the subject of "light."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love old glass, too! Great shots. I love the colour version - so soft and pretty. But I love the b&w, too. The light seems so dramatic in that version.

    ReplyDelete