Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Yellow

Over the years I've warmed up to the color yellow - I haven't always appreciated the this bright and cheery color.

It wasn't until I needed to select a paint color for our basement that I truly began to value the color yellow.  Our basement has just a few small windows that let in very little natural light. Painting the walls a pale yellow allowed the light to bounce around and color helps to warm the space.

I love that a little bit of yellow can brighten a room, an outfit, an image.

Yellow has a beautiful range of tones from the soft pale color of butter, to a bright lemon yellow, to the deep golden yellow of an egg yolk.  And pair it with blue - wow!

I'm joining Texture Tuesday today with this yellow collection.

A yellow collection 
A yellow collection


This image is textured with two layers of Kim Klassen's "Ben 5" (inverted).

Yellow 
Yellow


Enjoy your day!  Hopefully you'll have a bit of golden sun to brighten your day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so many gorgeous yellows, love your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of yellow objects! Love the display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!Jacqueline from www.allaboutthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yellow so I love your yellow mosaic! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a great collection of yellows :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful display I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this!! Very creative, and so exciting with the yellow theme!! Great work Sheila!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of yellows! I have to confess, I'm not a big fan of yellow, either. Nice in flowers, of course, but I don't think I'd be able to find too many yellow things to photograph at home!

    ReplyDelete