Thursday, May 29, 2014

Catching up

I'm a bit behind in posting - and today is my day to catch up!

Bringing my daughter home from school for the summer, saying a heart breaking final goodbye to my sweet pup, and the long holiday weekend have filled my days.

I'm hoping to be on track after today {maybe!} - life can be so unpredictable!



S2F - the Egg challenge

I love Ukrainian eggs - the colors and symbols are so beautiful.  





S2F - the hook/drape challenge (diptych) 

A silky white scarf, a fresh pink flower, and a cup of tea



S2F - Story telling challenge

I love summer and its abundance of fruit!






Plump blueberries


Juicy raspberries, sweet strawberries, and ripe blackberries


and a touch of fresh mint


a delicious summer snack!


Be Still 52 - Breathe

Take a moment, find center, and take a breath . . . be calm.





I hope you are having a fabulous day!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





4 comments:

  1. Sheila, wow such a feast for the eyes, I simply love your storytelling one so much. So simple and yet it is so your style, just so much to love about it. I really like your egg series and how you took something you love and put it together with the plain egg such a great concept. And the breathe is just so peaceful and spa like. The scarf is really nicely done also, especially like how you draped the one on the left around the tea cup.I hope live settles down for you now and sorry to hear about your dogie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful catchup post!! Each topic is so delightful and lovely! The eggs are especially pretty, paired with plain whites. I remember when I first saw those at a ladies' house. She had them displayed in a special case. The blueberry shots are stunning!! Love the hook and diptych, and the breathe shots. Hope your week is a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness sheila... you have so much loveliness packed into this post... every morsel.... but i have to say the hook and drape.... brilliant!! oh my gosh... LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite series is the blueberries. The simplicity, the unusual 'marching' composition, the varying focal points. Beautiful!xoxo

    ReplyDelete