Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Finds me Amazed

Over the past year we've tried a number of things to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeders -

squirrel baffels above and below  -  removing tree branches so they can't jump on to the feeders  -  buying longer poles so they can't leap up from the ground  -  etc, etc, etc,

Last month we finally invested in squirrel proof feeders - and they work fine, unless you happen to have really smart squirrels living in your neighborhood :)



“This thing is full of seeds but the little holes are closed.
Wait just one minute, I wonder what would happen if I hang on AND lift the cover of this thing?
BINGO! ”                               — Einstein Squirrel

Einstein Squirrel 
Einstein Squirrel







Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Be Wonderfully Odd!





9 comments:

  1. How did squirrels get so smart? I am glad you caught this one red handed. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just not fair! The rabbits ar eating my poppies and a few other things already. I'm tempted to put out cat food for awhile and then ambush them with the pellet gun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute one ... and so clever ! :-)Great capture, Sheila !Have a wonderful weekend,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! They are just too clever it seems! Great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I had to laugh our squirrels are just as bad I don't think there such a thing as squirrel proof....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It never ceases to amaze me how resourceful squirrels can be! What a great capture....right before you shoo'd them away from the feeder, right?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! He looks pretty proud of himself, doesn't he?! You got a great action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are crafty aren't they? I have seen the most elaborate "set ups" designed to keep the squirrels out but I've never seen any of them work for long. Maybe you could try clamping or clipping the cover down?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh.....this is adorable...... such determination.....thank you for the smile.... have a beautiful weekend... xo, Kim

    ReplyDelete